Executive Program in Data Mining & Analytics
The Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee completed 150th year of its existence in October 1996. On September 21, 2001, an Ordinance issued by the Government of India declared it as the nation’s seventh Indian Institute of Technology. The Ordinance is now converted into an Act by the Parliament to make IIT, Roorkee as an “Institution of National Importance”.
This programme is designed to provide comprehensive knowledge and application of Data Mining and Analytics as an efficient aid to effective decision making process. At the end of the programme, participants must be able to understand data, methods of quantitative analysis, concepts of data mining, data warehousing, predictive, descriptive and prescriptive analytics, such as insight into advanced applications including Social Media Data Analytics, Anomaly Detection etc.
Duration of the Course: Sep 2015 to Jan 2016
| Last Date of Application:
||15th August. 2015
| Date of Course Commencement:
||6th Sep. 2015
- Sundays – 10:00 am to 1:30 pm
- ( Class schedule is tentative )
Mode of Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- For Indian Students:
- Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- Working Professionals
- Formal or informal knowledge of Database Management Systems.
- For International Students:
- Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Working Professionals.
- Formal or informal knowledge of Database Management Systems.
Who is right for the program:
- Working executives with knowledge of Database Management Systems who have an acumen and interest in Data Mining and Analytics and who wish to complement and upgrade their knowledge in different practical and relevant aspects of this domain, based anywhere in the world, can enrol for these programme.
- The classes for this programme will be held through LIVE lectures that will be beamed on-line via internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms using Best Edu Online’s Direct To Device platform. The pedagogy will comprise of lectures and case discussions imparted by IIT Roorkee’s faculty. Select industry experts would also be included to provide practical insights.
- All participants will also be granted 24X7 access to Best Edu Online’s Cloud Campus comprising of learning aids, study materials, reference materials, assessments, case studies and assignments etc. As per the requirement of the programme. Students can chat real time with the professors during the live class and also post all other programme related queries offline on the Cloud Campus.
- A minimum of 70% attendance to the LIVE lectures is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this programme. There may be periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course. These may be in the form of a quiz, assignment, project or other objective/subjective assessments as relevant and applicable to the programme and are designed to ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. While the results/feedback on such assignments will be provided, no consolidated mark or grade sheets shall be distributed to the Participants at the end of the course.
- On the payment of all due fees and the successful completion of the Executive Programme in Data Mining and Analytics, participants will be awarded a certificate of participation issued by IIT Roorkee.
- Certificate from IIT Roorkee.
- Lectures imparted by eminent faculty from IIT Roorkee and industry professionals.
- Unique insights into critical aspects of Data Mining and Analytics.
- Course content and structure designed by IIT Roorkee.
- Best Edu Online’s Cloud Campus, which gives students access to course presentations, projects, case studies, assignments and other reference materials
- Easy access from anywhere – all one needs is a 512 kbps steady internet connection
- Convenient weekend schedules – Classes on Sunday mornings.
The Executive Programme in Data Mining and Analytics will comprise of the following key modules.
Introduction to Data Mining and Data Analytics
- Motivation and Significance of Data Mining
- Data Mining Functionalities
- Interestingness Measures
- Classification of Data Mining System
- Major Issues in Data Mining
Understanding Data and Data Pre-processing
- Motivation and Significance
- Data Summarization
- Data Cleaning
- Data Integration and Transformation
- Data Reduction Techniques
- Data Discretization & Concept Hierarchy Generalization
Data Management, Warehousing and OLAP Technology
- Data Warehouse Definition
- Multidimensional Data Models
- Data Warehouse Architecture
- OLAP Server Types
- Overview of Online Analytical Processing and Mining
Data Cube Computation and Data Generalization
- Efficient Methods for Data Cube Computation
- Discovery Driven Exploration of Data Cubes
- Complex Aggregation
Descriptive Analytics – Cluster Analysis
- ClusteringAlgorithms – Partitioning, Hierarchical, Density Based, Grid Based, Model Based
- ConstraintBased Cluster Analysis
- Outlier Analysis – Density Based and Distance Based
Predictive Analytics – Classification and Prediction
- Decision Tree Induction
- Lazy Learners – Bayesian Classification
- Rule BasedClassification
- Classification by Backpropogation and Support Vector Machines
- Accuracy and Error Measures
Mining Frequent Patterns, Associations and Correlations
- Basic Concepts
- Frequent Itemset Mining Algorithms
- Mining Various Kinds of Association Rules – Multilevel and Multidimensional
- Association Rule Mining Vs Correlation Analysis
- ConstraintBased Association Mining
Prescriptive Analytics and Advanced Applications
- Time Series Data Analytics
- Text and Social Media Data Analytics
- Analysis of Data Streams
- Anomaly Detection
Practice On Tools
- Open Source Tool-kit – WEKA
Dr. Durga Toshniwal
Dr. Durga Toshniwal is working as Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India. Previously she worked as a Software Consultant in USA for some years and then pursued her research in data mining. Some of her areas of research interests include – time series data mining, applying soft computing techniques in data mining, web mining, privacy preserving data mining, data stream mining, and text mining. Dr. Durga has published her research work in several international journals and conferences. She has attended, chaired sessions and presented her work in several reputed international conferences in USA, UK, Australia, and Europe. She has also given Webinars in the area of Data Mining and Analytics.
||For Indian Students
||For International Students
||Last Date of Payment
| Application Fee :
||INR 20,000/- + Taxes
||15th August 2015
| Instalment 1 :
||INR 10,000/- + Taxes
||30th August 2015
| Instalment 2 :
||31st October 2015
| Total Fee :
Pay the fee Through DD/PO/Online/Direct Account Transfer.
To know more about the application process, please call our academic counsellors at +91 9829016449 or 8233970000.
Apply for the course of your choice in three easy steps:-
- Do your research before selecting the course that interests you from the wide range of courses available.
- Complete your application form.
- Make payment to apply for the course of a particular college and finish the application process.
- You will receive a confirmation mail from the respective institute right away. In case the college is closed for new applicants, you can simply register for the course and you would be apprised of the updates from the institute through mails.