IIMC (Indian Institute of Management – Calcutta)
About the Institute
The Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) was established as the first national institute for Post-Graduate studies and Research in Management by the Government of India in November 1961 in collaboration with Alfred P. Sloan School of Management (MIT), the Government of West Bengal, The Ford Foundation and Indian industry. During its initial years, several prominent faculty formed part of its nucleus, including Paul Samuelson, Jagdish Sheth, J. K. Sengupta, among others.
Over the years, IIMC has grown into a mature institution with global reputation, imparting high quality management education. It has been playing a pioneering role in professionalizing Indian management through its Post Graduate and Doctoral level programs, Executive Training Programs, Research and Consulting Activities.
Today, the institute serves as an autonomous body, continually evolving to meet its goals in an ever-changing business environment.
The main thrust of training is to imbibe a sense of strategic outlook to management problems in the students. The emphasis, therefore, is on management as an integrated process and requires the students to develop a global view of economic, technological, cultural and political environment of the business.
One of the biggest strengths of the Institute is its world renowned faculty. The faculty members have distinguished academic achievements in different areas of management and the related basic disciplines and are actively involved in teaching, training, research and consulting. They carry out consultancy assignments to keep in touch with the real life management problems in public and private corporations, financial institutions, government agencies and international agencies.
This dynamic learning process at IIMC enriches teaching and training activities of the faculty. It also helps development of case studies and identification of directions of research relevant for business and industry.
- Executive Program in Business Analytics – EPBA
- Executive Program in Business Management – EPBM
- Executive Program for Young Managers – EPYM
- Executive Program in Sales & Marketing – EPSM
- Executive Program in Human Resource Management – EPHRM
- Executive Program in International Business – EPIB
- Executive Program in Global Business Management – EPGBM
- Executive Program in Managing Business Decisions – EPMBD
- Executive Program in Leadership Management – EPLM
- Executive Program in Financial Risk and Investment Management – EPFRIM
- Executive Program on Leading Organizations and Innovations – EPLOI
- Executive Program in Global Economics – EPGE