PG Certificate Program in Business Management
- This course has been designed with an objective to familiarize participants with key aspects of management and dynamics of the global marketplace. The participant is expected to gain working knowledge of core management domains and develop a deep understanding of the framework within which international businesses operate.
- In Particular participant are expected to:
- Learn the intricacies of business economics and money management and its application in a global environment.
- Understand elements of marketing and consumer behaviour and how these elements differ with respect to national and international context.
- Develop skills in identifying, analysing, and solving problems in the real business world through effective strategy formulation and implementation.
- Explore the rules that apply to international trade in goods, services and lobar through a deeper understanding of the global business environment and international trade logistics.
Duration of the Course: 1 Year
| Last Date of Application:
|| 30th June 2015. Admission on first come first serve basis only and subject to IIFT’s selection criteria
| Date of Course Commencement:
|| End July/Early August 2015 (Date to be Confirmed)
- Sundays – 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- ( Class schedule is tentative )
Mode of Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) from a recognized university/institute (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- For Indian and International Participants – Working professionals with a minimum of 01 year of full time work experience as on 01 Jun 2015.
Who is right for the program:
- Project and Functional managers with responsibilities to manage and execute complex projects involving cross border transactions.
- Managers identified as high potential resources, in key decision making roles seeking to take on expanded senior management responsibilities within the organization.
- Young leaders poised to lead cross functional and/or cross border teams on complex, multi locational, global projects.
- Working professionals with specific responsibilities deployed as a part of transnational projects and aspiring for larger roles.
- Working executives seeking to prepare themselves for managerial positions and accelerate their career aspirations in multinational organizations.
- Entrepreneurs currently engaged in and aspiring to engage in business with countries outside India.
- The course will commence with a face to face 3 day ON-CAMPUS session held at IIFT Delhi. For the remainder of the course, the primary method of instruction will be through LIVE instructor led lectures that will be beamed online via internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms. The lectures will be delivered by eminent faculty from IIFT. All enrolled students will also be provided access to the Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials and assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the Professors, real time during the class or offline via the Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear their doubts.
- There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course. These maybe in the form of a quiz, assignment, project, case studies or other objective/subjective assessments. The evaluations are designed ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. Students who successfully clear the same along with the requisite attendance criteria will be awarded a Certificate from IIFT, Delhi as appropriate
- On the payment of all due fees and successful completion of the PG Certificate Program in Business Management, participants will be awarded an appropriate Certificate from IIFT, Delhi.
- 1 year long duration Certificate Program in Business Management from, IIFT Delhi, ranked 9th amongst all Business Schools in India.
- Certificate of completion awarded by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi.
- 3 day On Campus module at IIFT Delhi, where students can interact with faculties face to face and also experience the prestigious campus real time.
- Fully virtual course with LIVE on-line, instructor led interactive lectures that provides a “real” classroom experience in a “virtual” environment. No isolated learning experience.
- Convenient weekend schedules.
- Designed with a mix of case discussions, assignments and projects besides the lectures in class.
- Books, Cases and Study Materials included in the Course
- Lectures imparted by specially selected, eminent, core faculty from IIFT. Guest lectures by Industry Experts.
- Specifically designed for working executives with all the flexibility benefits of Virtual Learning. Learn from Anywhere – No need to travel to an institute or training centre. Learning continues even if you are travelling or not available at any specific location. You may also learn from the comfort of your home.
- Participants selected based on elaborate selection process and profiling.
- Quality interactions and increased peer group learning. Virtual classrooms that allow for active interactions with other fellow students and faculty.
- Seamless technology that can transmit lecture videos effectively at home broadband connection of 512 kbps.
- User friendly and easy to use technology interface. No expensive and time consuming software/hardware installations required at your end.
- Best Edu Online’s Cloud Campus – Students on our virtual social learning platform are provided access to course presentations, case studies, assignments and other reference materials as applicable for specified courses. Students can raise questions and doubts either real time during the live class or offline through the Cloud Campus.
Your program of study includes the following:
The PG Certificate Program in Business Management will include lectures on 6 major modules as listed below.
Module I: Business Economics
- Conceptually, the module on Business Economics is about understanding firm’s market behaviour under a given set of objectives and constraints. A firm’s performance in the market depends not only in taking the ‘right’ decisions but also in understanding and adapting to the changes in business environment. How a firm takes appropriate decisions depends on a proper market analysis. By using basic principles of Microeconomics, the course aims to develop conceptual skills for analysing markets and market trends.
- The overall objective of this module is to understand a firm’s business decision making under varying market conditions. More specifically, this course aims to:
- Provide an understanding of the basic concepts of Demand, Supply and Market
- Aids to relate these economic concepts to firm’s decisions/behaviour; and
- Helps understand the role of government and its implications for managerial decision making.
Module II: Financial Management
- This module explicitly applies finance theories to solve various problems in financial management and investments. Microsoft Excel is a primary tool for implementation. The course enables students to perform financial analysis and to make financial decisions through financial models created with the use of Excel.
- Students will have ample opportunities to practice numerical analyses and graphical illustrations that arise out of applications in finance such as forecasting financial statement, estimating costs of capital, constructing efficient portfolio, making sound capital budgeting and capital structure decisions. Though the module extensively uses Excel, its focus is still finance applications.
- At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Know the basics of investment, financing and dividend decisions
- Understand the basic building blocks of a good financial model
- Determine the objective of and inputs for the model
Module III: Marketing Management
- The objective of the course is to familiarize the participants with the basic concepts and principles of marketing, and help them in understanding the basic marketing language. At the end of the course, participants are expected to be clear on:
- The conceptual framework, covering basic elements of the marketing mix;
- Their inter-relations and their applicability in specific marketing situations;
- Application of these concepts for Industrial markets, Service Organizations and global business operations and Strategic issues in marketing for competitiveness
Module IV: Business Strategy
- The overall aim of this module is to enhance understanding of both descriptive and inferential statistics. The course mainly deals with the use of statistical concepts in the resolution of managerial decision problems by offering hands-on experience in practical problem solving and decision support using statistical techniques. At the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the basic statistical tools that are used for managerial decisions.
- Understand the relationship between the quantitative values & qualitative decisions in real life business situation.
- Develop skills in structuring and analysing business problems statistically.
- Improve analytical skills through simple statistical tools to help quantification of business situation.
- Learn creating futuristic scenario with numbers through different forecasting methods.
- This being the first course in Quantitative Discipline provides foundation for all the courses based on quantitative concepts. It helps in pursuing the course like Business Research Methods, Marketing Research, Financial Modelling, Economics, and Operations Research etc. It also aims at developing your research aptitude using different statistical methods.
Module V: Global Business Environment
- International Business Environment is a constantly changing landscape. The changes, especially, the pace at which they occur, makes the process of keeping track of and analyzing business environment a challenging and demanding task. The problem is compounded by the fact that in today’s world managers confront unending streams of information. An expertise in being able to make sense of all that happens around us and to knit together diverse issues is a must for global business managers. The distinction between an efficient manger and not so smart a manager lies in the ability to join together, like in a jig-saw puzzle, pieces of seemingly fragmented issues and to look at the wider picture as a singular entity rather than viewing it in bits and pieces. Quality of environmental analysis, internal and external, is also the cornerstone of strategic management. The strategic choices one makes depends on how one analyses and interprets the dynamics of business and industrial environment.
- This course in Global Business Environment & Foreign Trade is designed to equip the participants with the expertise and the set of skills which is a must for the professionals to be able to engineer and re-engineer the businesses and processes and to draw upon the opportunities that are continuously thrown up or to minimize the uncertainties that businesses may encounter in unpredictable scenarios. The course will give necessary confidence to develop clear perspectives and ability to make sound judgements and decisions.
Module VI: International Trade Logistics and Documentation
- This module aims at developing a systematic understanding of the vital role of logistics and documentation in international trade. It focuses on understanding of the different dimensions and the elements of international trade logistics. While exposing participants to the operational aspects of international trade logistics, the course aims at providing the concepts, issues, and challenges including the risk and legal implications in international trade logistics.
Dr. Vijaya Katti
- Prof. Vijaya Katti, M.A., Ph.D, Post Doctoral Research is Professor & Chairperson, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade since 1989. She is Chairperson for Management Development Division since May 2013 onward and also she was Chairperson during 2000 to 2006 for this division. She was Chairperson for the Graduate Studies Division from April 2011 to May 2013. She was Chairperson for Research Division from 2006 to April 2011. She is the senior most faculty in the Institute.
|| For Indian Students
|| For International Students
|| Last Date of Payment
| Application Fee :
|| INR 20,000/-
|| USD 400
|| At the time of Application
| Instalment 1 :
|| INR 50,000/-
|| USD 1100
|| 15th July 2015
| Instalment 2 :
|| INR 60,000/-
|| USD 1300
|| 15th Nov 2015
| Instalment 3 :
|| INR 50,000/-
|| USD 1100
|| 15th Feb 2016
| Total Fee :
|| INR 1,80,000
|| USD 3900
To know more about the application process, please call our academic counsellors at +91 9829016449 or 8233970000.
Apply for the course of your choice in three easy steps:-
- Do your research before selecting the course that interests you from the wide range of courses available.
- Complete your application form.
- Make payment to apply for the course of a particular college and finish the application process.
- You will receive a confirmation mail from the respective institute right away. In case the college is closed for new applicants, you can simply register for the course and you would be apprised of the updates from the institute through mails.